Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Journey with the Angels- Part one: past sculptures

The subject of "Angel" has been a long time interest, but I really haven't made much of it.  I am finding that other artist feel the same:  an interest but not much work on the subject.   It is kind of an intimidating subject on many levels.  Why is that?   Below are some small sculptures I created a few years back.  They were a demonstration of FSB clay and its ability to hold a form with out an armature.  The clay is very rough with a lot of grog and sand.  These are small, about 9" tall.  When I began the demonstration, I really didn't know what I was going to make. They just "poured" out of me. 

FSB or Fullerton Sculpture Body can be purchased at Aardvark Clay in Santa Ana, California.

Same clay, different style.  This sculpture was created as a prayer as I awaited the birth of a grand-daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment