Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Journey with the Angels- First Paintings

In this post I will show several of the paintings that began this series.   The United Cerebral Palsy Center in Los Angeles was having a fundraiser in August 2013 and I was asked to donate a 6"x6" painting.  This was just the inspiration I needed to begin my journey.
Giving Spirit      Oil    6" x 6" 




Destroyed
Then I painted this one,  but remember that I destroyed it because I was feeling a insecure about the idea of painting angels.  There have been a lot of questions like, what am I trying to say about them, what do I really feel about them, WHY am I painting them etc.   That painting turned into Guardian 3 somehow. 

Guardian 3  Oil  9x12

These paintings, as well as the next three paintings demonstrate a variety of style explored as I journey into this world of abstract painting.  It starts to get exciting for me, because I start to realize why I am so driven to do this.  While painting Guardian 4, I recalled how St. Peter was weak (denying Jesus 3 times)  until he received the Holy Spirit, and then went on to fearlessly spread the word of Jesus.  It helps me to remember that I am, as St. Peter was, only human and can not do it alone.  This is an example of powerful messages and thoughts I get while painting.  Sometimes it is just the joy of painting.

Guardian 4  or St. Peter      Oil   11 x 14
Guardian 5   Oil  11 x 14
Guardian 6  or   Vine and Branches    Oil   8 x 24

No comments:

Post a Comment